Did you know that Tim Duncan won a championship in 2003 with Tony Parker in his 2nd year, Ginobili as a rookie, Stephen Jackson as the 2nd best player, David Robinson in his final year, Bruce Bowen, Steve Kerr, and...well...that's pretty much it. Danny Ferry played big minutes for this team. How did this happen?
Did you know that Tim Duncan averaged 21 and 12 and 2.5 blocks and made first team All-NBA in his rookie year? He went on to make the first team All-NBA his first 8 years in the league, 13 1st or 2nd team All-Defensive team, every all star game, and won 2 NBA MVPs.
Oh, and he won 4 championships.
Should've been 5.
So why does nobody know and, more importantly, nobody care?
Because Tim Duncan is the most boring athlete alive. Possibly ever. And he's held the NBA back for too long.
What would have happened if Tim Duncan never picked up a basketball?
- Keith Van Horn would have been picked number 1 by the Spurs, and we would never have had to watch a team win a championship while averaging 80 points a game.
- Poppovich would be coaching in a big market, like New York. Combine the best coach with the best market, and you get the best talent. Everyone loves a dream team.
- Chauney Billups would have been drafted 2nd by the 76ers, who would have been the perfect backcourt mate to Allen Iverson. And we all know that the NBA can never have enough Allen Iverson.
- Allen Iverson never lets Chauncey shoot, so Chauncey never becomes "Mr. Big Shot" and we never have to listen to that stupid nickname aver again.
- The Detroit Pistons never happen, meaning teams don't try to copy them by only focusing on defense.
- Kobe would have 6 championships, making the Kobe-MJ debate really legit.
- Jason Kidd gets a championship with the Nets, encouraging teams to play at a faster pace.
- Faster pace means more points, more 3-pointers, and more dunks.
- More dunks means more fans.
- More fans means the NBA would have already expanded into Europe.
- More fans in Europe means more European players choose to play basketball instead of soccer.
- Basketball becomes the greatest sport in the world.