Wednesday, October 20, 2010

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?


The lack of hockey highlights on SportsCenter. It has me more wound up than that time I did steroids.

You don't have to love hockey games to agree that hockey highlights are awesome. So when I tune into SportsCenter in the morning, I want to see what happened the night before. Unfortunately, we only get about 30 seconds of action from 2 or 3 games.

I understand that ESPN has less incentive to show NHL highlights because they no longer broadcast hockey games. (I'm sure I'll write something in the future about how stupid the NHL was to go with Versus). And I understand that ESPN wants to hype the NBA because basketball and Monday Night Football are the network's biggest draws.

But I DON'T CARE ABOUT A MEANINGLESS LAKERS VS. BARCELONA GAME. And I certainly don't want to see upwards of two minutes of highlights on a game like that. So ESPN, show the games that matter, not the ones that don't. When the NBA season rolls around, go nuts. But as long as the NHL is in session, show us some hockey.

No comments:

Post a Comment