Thursday, July 29, 2010

Christ Air



I flipped on ESPN today and was pleasantly surprised with what I found: the X-Games (you know it's a tough time for sports when the X-Games is the best thing on). I enjoyed the BMX biking for a little while, but in about 5 minutes I realized why I never watch the Summer X-Games: because I played Tony Hawk's Pro Skater. A lot. Like, every day for at least a year. And when you put real skating, or real biking, and compare them to the video games, they aren't nearly as cool.

Tony Hawk taught us to believe in lies: you can grind on anything for extended periods of time. You can do a 900, no problem, as long as you have enough special. And - my personal favorite - any pro skater can do a kickflip over a moving car.

I could talk about the X-Games right now. But I think we can agree, it'd be much more fun to take a look at the things that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater awesome. So close your eyes, feel that N64 controller in your hands, and join me on this journey. (But then, open your eyes, because this journey requires some reading.)

The 5 Best things in Tony Hawk:

5. Getting Tons of Points - Landing that big trick is quite the adrenaline rush.


4. Bucky Lasek - The coolest character in the game. Honorable mention to Bob Burnquist for his fedora.


3. Christ air - Left, right, C-right. Because all things are possible through Christ. Undoubtably the coolest trick in the game.


2. Finding the secret tape - If there's a greater ecstasy than finding a secret tape (without cheating!), then I don't want to know about it.


1. Superman - If my first 12 (OK, 19) years of existence had a soundtrack, this tune might just be the single.





Oh my god no way I never knew this before! Check it out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment