Monday, September 27, 2010
5 Takeaways from Sunday: Week 3
1. The Chargers Are Old News - A preseason favorite for many, San Diego fell to 1-2 with a loss to the Seahawks. The Seahawks! Yikes.
2. The Chiefs Are For Real - The Chiefs, who have averaged 3.33 wins per season in the last 3 years, are already up to 3-0. They're one of my favorite stories in the NFL so far this year. More on them later in the week.
3. The AFC East Is The Best Division In Football - And boy, it's going to be a dog fight. The Patriots, Jets, and Dolphins are all 2-1 and are all very much capable of winning the division (and not to get carried away, maybe the Super Bowl). Gotta feel bad for Buffalo.
4. The Redskins Are Still, Well, The Redskins - They had me fooled too after beating the Cowboys and losing in OT against the Texans. But this week, the Chesapeake Bay Area People Of Crimson Pigment went to St. Louis and lost by 2 TDs to the hapless Rams. Now that's more like it.
5. The Saints Can Lose - And, the corollary: the Falcons are a legitimate team. This was a great game, and yes, one that the Saints should have had. But it's always good to see competition, and this year it looks like the NFC South will have some.